Monday, October 8, 2012

Training Performance Testers in Romania

Later this month, I'm headed to Cluj, Romania to deliver 2 days of performance testing related training, day 1 is conference style, day 2 is workshop style. I'm kind of excited about this, not *just* because I've never been to Romania, but because of the interaction I've had up to this point with the group organizing the event. The English version of the event webpage is http://conferinta.softvision.ro/en/



SoftVision (www.softvision.ro and www.softvision.com - more info below) contacted me about the possibility of this event a few months back, and immediately I noticed that this wasn't a typical request. These folks had done their homework. They not only knew what they wanted, but what they want makes sense. On top of that, when I mentioned that I was concerned about being able to cover all the material they were interested in during the 1 day workshop, their response was "Is there any preparatory material you can send over? We'll hold some evening sessions for workshop participants prior to your arrival to ensure that everyone is up to speed on the basics, has the tools and utilities you'd like folks to use for the exercises installed and operational, and/or whatever else you think we can do in advance to enable you to spend more time on the advanced topics we're interested in?"

I have to say, this is the first time I've ever had an organizer of a public event make such an offer. I was surprised, but pleased, so I sent them some preparatory material, and they are holding up their end of the bargain. I'm impressed!

All of you who have followed me over the years know that I don't endorse products or services that I don't have first hand experience with, but I *will* say this. If SoftVision approaches their client engagements as proactively and with the same enthusiasm, professionalism and "can-do" attitude as they have approached this event, I have a hard time imagining that potential clients would be disappointed working with them if they require the services they offer.

--

SoftVision is the premier software development company in Romania. With 720 engineers, we're the partner of choice for our customers ranging from small Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley startups to Fortune 50 global companies. We've been building and testing software for more than 15 years.

We offer a complete range of software testing services with a focus on automated functional testing and performance testing. Our clients look to us for help with test planning, tool evaluation, test design, manual testing, script writing and execution and results reporting using tools of their choice.

 
--
Scott Barber
Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus, Inc.
Director, Computer Measurement Group
About.me

Co-Author, Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
Author, Web Load Testing for Dummies
Contributing Author, Beautiful Testing, and How To Reduce the Cost of Testing

"If you can see it in your mind...
     you will find it in your life."

No comments: